- 1/4 cup quinoa
- 1/2 cup mixed peppers & onions
- 1 minced garlic clove
- 3 cups baby spinach
- 4oz orange roughy
- 1 tablespoon grated orange zest
- 1/2 orange
- 1 lemon
- 1/2 teaspoon lemon pepper
- 1/8 teaspoon black pepper
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 tablespoon sugar free maple syrup
- In a small saucepan, heat olive oil over medium. Add onion, peppers, and garlic; cook until soft, about 4 minutes. Add quinoa and cook 1 minute. Add water and bring to a boil. Reduce heat and simmer, covered, until water is absorbed, about 10-15 minutes. Stir in spinach and orange zest, then season with crushed black pepper.
- For the orange roughy, heat olive oil in a small skillet over medium-high heat. Arrange fillets in the skillet, and drizzle with fresh squeezed orange and lemon. Sprinkle with lemon pepper. Cook for 5 minutes, or until fish is easily flaked with a fork.
- Mix orange roughy with quinoa and spinach pilaf. Squeeze remainder orange juice over top and add sugar free maple syrup for a delicious sweet and guilt-free flavor!
After researching a few different quinoa spinach bowls to get some different ideas, I whipped this up and it turned out amazing!! Orange roughy and spinach is a frequent meal of mine so it was nice to mix it up and add a sweet, but guilt-free flavor to it! Trust me on the fresh squeezed orange paired with sugar free syrup as the dressing. I wouldn’t normally think these flavors along with garlic & lemon pepper would pair well together but it’s SO good! I wish I made a bigger batch for the rest of the week! Let me know what you think!
Also, don’t forget to add me on bloglovin and follow my Pinterest board of some of my favorite protein recipe’s! Many of which I still need to try out! 😉